Course: Python Development
duration: 17 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 90 days |
Python has become one of the most popular and easy-to-use programming languages in the world. It is a fast, powerful open source language with a clear and easy to understand syntax. You start the training by getting to know the basic functionalities, such as writing codes in Python and basic mathematics that you need for this program. You then learn to work with more complex data types. A useful Python procedure for controlling the execution order of program statements is to implement branching operations. You can do this using conditional statements, such as 'if' and 'else'. You will learn these instructions and more during this training. You will also learn to enable and define functions, using keywords and input arguments. You learn to use Lambas. These are used to store variables and to create anonymous functions. Finally, you will get started with creating classes, solving errors and importing modules.
After completing this course, you are ready to work with Python.
Python Development: Getting Started with Programming in Python
- Python is a beneficial language for use in a lot of development projects, particularly Java/C++ development. In this course, you'll learn the basics of Python programming.
- You'll start by installing Python on your local machine and practice writing code using the Python shell.
- Next, you'll perform basic math and logical operations in Python. You'll create Python variables and see how you can assign and access values stored in these variables. You'll then use built-in functions, which are part of the core Python programming language, to perform simple calculations and operations.
- Finally, you'll explore strings in Python work, creating strings using single, double, and triple quotes depending on the use case. You'll then briefly examine the use of complex data types, such as lists, tuples, sets, and dictionaries.
- When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to execute simple Python commands on Jupiter notebooks.
Python Development: Performing Operations with Complex Data Types
- All values in Python are classified into data types. One of these, known as complex data types, facilitates using complex numbers. In this course, you'll learn how to work with complex data types in Python.
- You'll start by exploring the list data type, which contains an ordered collection of elements. You'll then perform several different operations on lists, such as accessing, adding, and removing elements and implementing slicing operations.
- Next, you'll work with tuples and examine how tuples contain an ordered collection of elements but are immutable in nature. You'll also work with sets and dictionaries.
- Finally, you'll explore the nuances of the copy operation for complex data types.
- When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to use the right Python data type to store your data and perform basic operations using these complex data types.
Python Development: Working with If Statements, Loops, & Comprehensions
- A handy procedure in Python for controlling the execution order of program statements is to implement branching operations using conditional statements, such as 'if' and 'else'. In this course, you'll learn how to use statements, loops, and comprehensions.
- First, you'll implement the conditional if statement. Then you'll use the else and elif statements.
- Moving on, you'll use Python's looping constructs, including the for-loop to iterate over elements in complex data types as well as over lists, tuples, and dictionaries. You'll use the while-loop and the break, continue, and pass keywords to further control loop execution.
- Finally, you'll implement list comprehension in Python, an elegant and efficient way of generating lists using 'for loops.'
- When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to write conditional statements in your code and perform looping and branching operations using for and while loops.
Python Development: Defining, Configuring, & Invoking Functions
- In Python, functions are essentially first-class citizens. They are objects in Python, just like other primitive and complex data types, and have a valuable purpose. In this course, you'll learn how to define and invoke functions in Python.
- First, you'll define a function using the def keyword and specify input arguments and return values from functions. You'll then work with positional arguments and keyword arguments.
- Next, you'll define functions with default values for arguments and a variable number of arguments. Along the way, you'll also examine how arguments can be pass-by-value or pass-by-reference.
- Finally, you'll explore the characteristics of Python functions that make them first-class citizens.
- When you're finished with this course, you'll have a solid grasp of the foundations of support for functions in Python and be able to use Python functions in your development work.
Python Development: Leveraging Functions with Lambdas, Generators, Closures, & Decorators
- Lambdas are great for on-off use and, once stored in a variable, behave exactly like other function objects in Python. In this course, you'll learn how to create anonymous functions in Python using lambdas.
- You'll start by creating generator functions in Python to generate infinite sequences using the yield keyword. You'll then illustrate how these generator functions can be resumed from just after the previous yielded value.
- Moving along, you'll demonstrate how closures in Python are nested functions that keep track of local variables in the outer function. You'll also illustrate how decorators - bits of code allowing you to modify other pre-existing code in your program - can be implemented using closures.
- When you're finished with this course, you'll have a good grip of functions in Python, which allow you to perform some incredibly complex and powerful operations.
Python Development: Creating Classes, Handling Errors, & Importing Modules
- Python classes act like blueprints for establishing a new type of object with its own set of properties and methods. In this course, you'll learn how to define and instantiate classes in Python.
- You'll start by using the init() method to initialize your class's member variables and the self keyword to reference a class's current instance. You'll then illustrate the differences between the self keyword in Python and the "this" keyword in Java.
- Next, you'll examine how errors in Python can be handled using the try-except-finally block and how the error handling mechanism in Python is similar to Java exception handling.
- Finally, you'll import other Python libraries into your current Python program, using classes and functions defined in one Python file in another file using the import statement.
- When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to set up Python classes for various uses in your development projects.
Final Exam: Python for Developers
Final Exam: Python for Developers will test your knowledge and application of the topics presented throughout the Python for Developers track of the Skillsoft Aspire Pythonista to Python Master Journey.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation
|Award Winning E-learning
|Unlimited access to our IT professionals community
|Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options
|Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.
|World's best service
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.