Course: Mitigating Security Risks
Het volgende STAP tijdvak begint op 1 mei
duration: 20 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 90 days |
In this online course, you'll learn how to mitigate numerous security risks. You'll get started with managing security risks of networks and infrastructure. Then you'll discover how to prevent physical security risks, cyber security breaches and social engineering attacks, and what countermeasures you can implement. Further, you'll dive into managing risks related to information, cloud and data. In addition, various natural threats are discussed and you learn what you can do about them. Finally, you will be introduced to the security challenges of a hybrid workplace.
In addition to mitigating the above security risks, you will learn how to implement a sound and robust information security governance strategy in your organization and how to manage incidents. Finally, you will learn how to apply methods of business continuity planning before, during and after a security disaster.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to migitate security risks and you will know which countermeasures you can use against risks. In addition, you will be able to implement an information security governance strategy in your organization and apply methods of business continuity planning before, during and after a security disaster.
You have a basic IT knowledge.
System Administrator, Security Specialist
Mitigating Security Risks
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing Network & Infrastructure Security Risks
- To mitigate cyber, data, cloud, and information security risks, you need solid knowledge of the complete network security process, from network design to continuous monitoring and logging.
- In this course, you'll explore some vital network security concepts and standard techniques for mitigating security risks.
- You'll start by examining the potential vulnerabilities in a network and how these turn into threats. You'll then explore the decisions you need to make to secure the network infrastructure.
- Next, you'll investigate different network zones and tools used for monitoring, detection, and logging.
- You'll finish by outlining a secure network design's characteristics and the recommended guidelines and best practices for network security.
- On completion of this course, you'll be able to plan for network and infrastructure-related security risks using recommended tools, methods, and best practices.
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing Physical Security Risks
- Physical security is an important but potentially overlooked consideration when implementing network security. In this course, you'll explore what's meant by physical security, how you can implement physical security risk countermeasures, and what the motivations are for doing so.
- You'll start by defining physical security. You'll then investigate the critical decisions you must make when planning for physical security. Next, you'll delve into various types of physical security risks, such as tailgating, and the methods to handle these.
- Moving on, you'll outline the layers of security controls that can be added to increase physical security and recognize the challenges security personnel face in ensuring physical safety.
- Lastly, you'll study how the security principles examined in this course can be used in facility and site design, including internal and perimeter security controls.
Mitigating Security Risks: Cyber Security Risks
- Effective cybersecurity risk management requires intricate knowledge of day-to-day IT security risks, network vulnerabilities, and cyber attacks. In this course, you'll detail several cybersecurity breaches and how best to prevent each one.
- You'll start with a general overview of what comprises security risks before categorizing different types into information, cloud, and data-related risks.
- Next, you'll explore cybercrime methods, the motivations behind them, and the security gaps that invite them in. You'll then use real-life examples to detail some commonplace cyberattacks and crimes.
- Moving on, you'll investigate what's meant by malware and outline best practices to manage worms, viruses, logic bombs, trojans, and rootkits.
- You'll also learn how to safeguard against malware, spyware, ransomware, adware, phishing, zero-day vulnerabilities, DoS, and backdoor attacks.
- By the end of the course, you'll be able to outline guidelines and best practices for securing against the most prevalent types of cybercrimes.
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing Social Engineering Risks
- Social engineering is a security attack method that takes advantage of the social aspect of human nature, which includes trust and interactivity. All members of an organization need to recognize how these subtle and manipulative techniques work and what they can do to avoid falling prey to them.
- In this course, you'll explore what's meant by social engineering, examining standard social engineering techniques, the basic principles of these kinds of attacks, their intended outcomes, who and what they target, and the risks they pose for your organization.
- Moving along, you'll investigate how social engineering is used to launch a cyberattack, study different types of spoofing attacks, and specify best practices to safeguard against social engineering.
- At the end of the course, you'll recognize the objectives of social engineering attacks, how they're carried out, and how to implement security measures to prevent them.
Mitigating Security Risks: Information, Cloud, & Data Security Risk Considerations
- To keep your organization's data secure, you need to know why your data is at risk and how to protect it using established principles and standards. In this course, you'll explore commonly used techniques to compromise data and how international best practices can help protect against these breaches.
- You'll start by examining three fundamental information security principles, which define information security policy and help identify risks. You'll then outline data breach methods and identify the targets of these threats.
- Next, you'll investigate what's meant by 'the human factor' and why it's key to any attack. You'll then study how technologies to secure data and information work under the hood.
- Moving on, you'll outline primary worldwide information security regulations and governance frameworks. Lastly, you'll examine why the ISO 27017 cloud security principles need to be considered when formulating a cloud security risk management plan.
Mitigating Security Risks: Handling Natural Threats
- Natural disasters pose serious security threats. Effective planning and management are required to minimize the damage and loss they could cause.
- In this course, you'll explore various types of natural threats, their impact on assets and data, and what you can do about them.
- You'll examine what the procedure is for preparing for natural disasters as well as dealing with the aftermath. You'll also learn how to do this with human-made disasters, such as terrorism.
- You'll finish the course by diving deeper into how to create an effective emergency action plan for natural disaster risk mitigation.
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing Risks from Internal Stakeholders
Effective risk management involves managing risks from external
- as well as internal sources. Because security risks can be
- introduced through internal stakeholder decisions, working with
- them to build awareness of the broad spectrum of security risks and
- their role in mitigating these is essential. In this course, you'll
- explore the internal stakeholder's role in the security landscape
- context. You'll then investigate how to effectively communicate
- with stakeholders regarding their role in preventing security risks
- from being introduced. You'll build on these concepts by examining
- best practices for continual stakeholder engagement using workplace
- example scenarios. You'll then outline various methods of effective
- security health reporting. At the end of this course, you'll be
- able to plan for effective stakeholder communication and
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing Security in a Hybrid Workplace
- Hybrid workplaces are an attractive working style for many organizations. However, a functioning and secure hybrid workplace can take some strategic planning and management to achieve.
- By their nature, hybrid workplaces pose various security risks. Security leaders need to educate themselves and their employees on what these risks are and how best to avoid them.
- In this course, you'll explore what a hybrid workplace entails and the resulting security risks. You'll then outline tips and guidelines to secure a hybrid workplace.
- You'll also learn about the security risks of the 'work from home' (WFH) working methodology and guidelines for securing it.
- Upon completing this course, you'll be able to classify the security challenges of a hybrid workplace and WFM situation, outline how to communicate these risks to employees to aid in risk prevention, and recognize the critical decisions when planning for a secure hybrid workplace.
Mitigating Security Risks: Information Security Governance
Adequate risk management requires the policies, procedures,
- standards, and guidelines that encompass effective information
- security governance are in place. This course shows you how to
- incorporate security governance as part of a robust security
- strategy. Examine the many security governance elements. Outline
- how to design, implement, and continually evaluate your strategy
- based on best practices. Define how security governance relates to
- the CIA Triad and distinguish between security governance and
- security management. Furthermore, investigate IT governance
- frameworks and compare centralized, decentralized, and hybrid
- structures. After taking this course, you'll recognize what's
- needed to implement a sound and robust information security
- governance strategy at your organization.
Mitigating Security Risks: Managing the Incidents
- Security breach incidents need to be handled effectively to prevent further occurrences. An incident management process based on best practices greatly helps deal with and thoroughly learn from incidents.
- Use this course to recognize the steps involved in the incident management process, the dependencies this process has on other processes, and who's involved in incident management.
- Examine the use of incident handling forms and incident prevention measures. Furthermore, study the signs employees should look out for and escalate that indicate a security breach event is occurring.
- After completing this course, you'll recognize how to use the incident management process to identify, manage, and prevent security breach incidents.
Mitigating Security Risks: Maintaining Business Continuity
Business continuity planning (BCP) ensures an organization
- functions smoothly during an unplanned incident or disaster. In
- this course, you'll explore what comprises BCP and how you can
- employ its methods before, during, and after a disaster. You'll
- learn about the importance of a business continuity plan and what's
- needed to create an effective one. You'll differentiate a business
- continuity plan from disaster recovery and emergency action plans.
- You'll then investigate some of the individual BCP steps in more
- detail, including the business impact analysis (BIA), risk
- management plan, and incident response plan phases. Moving on,
- you'll study what's involved in post-disaster recovery planning.
- Finally, you'll explore how to achieve business resiliency and
- excellence in the face of a disaster and during a pandemic,
- examining not only how to get back to normal but also how to
- exploit new opportunities and grow.
Mitigating Security Risks: Maintaining a Secure Workplace
- Securing a workplace is a collaborative effort and requires contribution from everyone, including employees at all levels. It's a leader's role to educate and encourage everyone to build a security mindset into their daily practices. In this course, you'll learn how to foster a secure workplace.
- You'll start by exploring what comprises a secure workplace before examining best practices for achieving this state. You'll then outline best practices for developing a security policy.
- Next, you'll study how to conduct security awareness training, cultivate an organization-wide security mindset, and encourage employees to take ownership of the security processes.
- Finally, you'll learn about the role of security certifications, specifically the Cyber Maturity Model certification. You'll recognize what it comprises and how it applies to a secure workplace.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
read more about the order process
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation||Yes|
|Award Winning E-learning||Yes|
|Sharing knowledge||Unlimited access to our IT professionals community|
|Study advice||Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options|
|Study materials||Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.|
|Service||World's best service|
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.
Niet gevonden wat je zocht? Bekijk alle vragen of neem contact op.