Course: User Experience (UX) Design Foundations
duration: 6 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 90 days
This UX design course introduces you to the basics of UX Design. You will learn more about the principles, strategies, techniques, available resources and learn to take account of navigation, layout and content.
Topics that are discussed include UCD, the guidlines, Fitts's Law, Gutenberg diagram Lean UX, prototyping, usability testing, five-second test home page and far more.
After completing this training course you are familiar with the basics of User Experience (UX) design.
No specific knowledge is required.
Software Developer, Web Developer, Web Designer
User Experience (UX) Design Foundations
UX Design Foundations: Design Principles and Strategies
- start the course
- identify features and advantages of user-centered design (UCD)
- identify how a storytelling approach can optimize user-centered design
- identify how to optimize content to better suit the behavior and expectations of the target users
- describe some basic UX guidelines for ensuring favorable user experience in designs
- identify the psychology behind content design
- identify how to take account of Hick's Law in interface design
- identify how to take account of Fitts's Law in interface design
- identify how to take account of the Pareto principle in interface design
- identify how to apply Gestalt principles in user interface design
- identify the role of the Gutenberg diagram in user interface design
- identify how inattentional blindness should be considered in user interface design
- describe basic design guidelines that should be applied in user interface design
- describe the role of design patterns in UI design
- describe how behavior patterns should be considered in UI design
- describe how to use color to optimize user experience of application interfaces
- describe the guidelines for effective color combination and saturation to optimize user experience
- describe how alignment can be used to optimize user experience of application interfaces
- describe how typography can impact user experience
- describe accessibility and the importance of considering accessibility in providing an effective user experience
- describe globalization and localization as components of internationalism and how they should be considered as part of an effective user experience
- describe responsive web design and its role in providing an effective user experience across different devices
- describe the areas of consideration specific to mobile users when designing a user interface
- describe agile design and Lean UX as frameworks for UX design
- apply design principles in UI development
UX Design Foundations: Techniques and Tools
- start the course
- describe the need to obtain business and user requirements for effective UX and outline the techniques for implementing a solution design based on these requirements
- describe how to conduct user research for effective UX
- describe how to use analytics as part of research for effective UX design solutions
- describe how to use ideation workshops to identify UX design questions and solution ideas
- describe how to use task models to outline activities in a goal that a UI system should provide
- describe how to outline user journeys through a UI
- describe how to create and use customer experience maps for a system
- describe the role of personas in effective UX design
- describe how card sorting can be used to design or evaluate information architecture for a system
- describe an information architecture design
- describe the role of prototyping as part of a design
- describe how sketching can be used for fast concept prototyping
- describe the role of wireframes in prototyping
- describe guidelines for wireframes
- describe the use of heuristic evaluation as part of a UX design solution
- describe the use of usability testing as part of a UX design solution
- describe the use of accessibility testing as part of a UX design solution
- describe the use of social media for usability testing as part of a UX design solution
- implement research, design, and testing tools and strategies for a UX solution
UX Design Foundations: Navigation, Layout, and Content
- start the course
- describe a plan for navigation as part of a UX solution
- define UI navigation types and design tools
- describe a plan for responsive navigation as part of a UX solution
- describe different navigational models including entry and exit points and escape hatches that can be implemented as part of a UX solution
- distinguish between menu structures according to tasks, audience, or categories
- use a site map in a web site design to optimize user experience
- describe the guidelines for implementing hyperlinks in a web site for an effective user experience
- configure for effective search functionality
- describe design and content considerations for a home page that provides an effective user experience
- describe the five-second home page test to assess user experience
- describe design considerations for a category page that provides an effective user experience
- describe design considerations for a product page that provides an effective user experience
- describe design considerations for shopping carts and checkouts that provide an effective user experience
- describe design considerations for long form content that provides an effective user experience
- describe design considerations for help and FAQ pages that provide an effective user experience
- describe how to present actions for an effective user experience
- describe design considerations for web forms
- describe guidelines for creating effective web forms
- describe considerations for designing form fields that optimize user experience
- describe how to manage form errors in a way that doesn't negatively impact user experience
- describe considerations for effective use of media in an application
- describe considerations for effective use of photos in an application
- describe considerations for managing photos and files in applications
- describe the considerations for balancing advertisements with content in a way that doesn't negatively impact user experience
- design navigation, layout, and content components for an effective user experience
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation||Yes|
|Online access||90 days|
|Award Winning E-learning||Yes|
Also included in world's #1 eLearning portal
|Sharing knowledge||Unlimited access to our IT professionals community|
|Study advice||Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options|
|Study materials||Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.|
|Platform||Access to our platform.|
|Service||World's best service|