Course: Developing Web Applications with Django
duration: 12 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 90 days |
In this online training you will learn how to develop web applications with Django. Django is an advanced Python web framework that allows rapid development of secure and sustainable websites.
You will start with an introduction to the Django Web Framework. You will learn how Django web requests work, how to create websites and you get to know the features and templates of Django.
Furthermore, you will explore the use of Django's wide range of built-in and custom features when creating websites and REST APIs. In addition, you will get started with the Django Models where you will learn how to create sign-in pages etc. You will also learn how to perform template edits and you will learn to implement class-based views, including ListView, DetailView, etc.
Finally, building multiple apps within a web application or
Django project is discussed and you learn how to develop REST
After successful completion of this training, you are familiar with the Django Web Framework and you can build web applications with Django.
A good knowledge of programming in Python is required.
Web Developer, Web Designer
Developing Web Applications with Django
Web Applications with Django: Introducing the Django Web Framework
- Django, an advanced Python web framework, allows quick development of secure and sustainable websites.
- In this course, you'll discover how Django web requests work, which will involve using HTTP protocols, formatting content as HTML pages, using web servers to process requests, and distinguishing between static and dynamic websites.
- Moving on, you'll identify the steps involved in creating websites, which include reusing HTML elements over multiple pages on a website, customizing user experience by maintaining sessions, and querying databases for content.
- Next, you'll explore the features provided by web frameworks, particularly Django, that support and greatly simplify all these operations. You'll also investigate the use of Django templates.
- Finally, you'll become familiar with the migration process within Django and the use of the Django Model class to create subclasses that map to tables in a relational database.
Web Applications with Django: Using Built-in and Custom Applications
- The Django web framework simplifies creating websites and REST APIs through a wide variety of built-in features. In this course, you'll learn how to use some of these built-in features to create websites and apps.
- You'll start by installing the Django web framework inside a virtual environment. You'll then explore Django's out-of-the-box features, including the project structure, the shell, and the built-in admin app.
- Next, you'll build a Hello World website using a custom Django app. This process includes defining a URL that maps to a view, which then returns an HTTP response that can be viewed from a browser.
- Moving on, you'll explore the use of Django templates, which includes the use of base and derived templates.
- Finally, you'll work with the built-in admin app, examining how to administer users and groups and assign permissions.
Web Applications with Django: Working with Models
- Creating websites and REST APIs is simplified through Django's built-in features. In this course, you'll learn how to use some of these features to build highly-performant websites and apps.
- You'll begin by examining how Django models are defined, migrated to a linked database, and registered with the built-in admin app.
- You'll then move on to using the Django ModelForm base class, which allows you to create a web page to create instances of your Django model.
- You'll then explore how to create a sign-in page for your Django website users and present signed-in users with a different view of the site. Finally, you'll cover how users can be allowed to sign out of your website.
Web Applications with Django: Models and Class-based Views
- The robust websites and apps produced using Django suggest a much more complicated framework than is used. In this course, you'll build on your existing Django knowledge to perform some Django template language operations.
- You'll start this course by performing various query operations on your Django model instances from the Python shell. You'll also use the Django admin website to work with your models.
- You'll implement class-based views in Django, first using the ListView class to view multiple instances of a model before using the DetailView class to view individual records.
- Moving along, you'll use CreateView and UpdateView to generate and modify instances and implement a DeleteView for their easy removal.
- You'll round off this course by briefly exploring how to improve the aesthetics of your class-based views by incorporating HTML elements, such as tables, in their corresponding templates.
Web Applications with Django: Building Multiple Apps in a Project
- A Django project is simply a web application consisting of one or more apps within it. Django's features ensure you can link multiple related project apps, create apps that accept and store user information, and trigger actions, such as sending emails. In this course, you'll practice carrying out these tasks in Django.
- You'll start by illustrating how images are incorporated within Django models, displayed on a web page, and stored on a file system while their paths are saved in the database.
- Next, you'll implement multiple separate but related apps within a Django project.
- Finally, you'll learn how to ensure a user's selection from a set of checkboxes is stored by your model and work with a user's email credentials to send them an email.
Web Applications with Django: Developing REST APIs
- Among Django's many out-of-the-box tools is the REST Framework package, which includes libraries to build APIs. In this course, you'll install and work with this package to allow users to access and submit data to your web application.
- You'll start by defining a simple model whose instances can be accessed and manipulated using REST APIs. To make this happen, you'll use the built-in Django ModelSerializer class.
- You'll then wire up your Django REST API to return a list of JSON values from your Django model whenever a GET request is sent. You'll also use the Django REST framework's built-in web UI and the curl command-line utility to send POST requests to submit data to the server and use it to create model instances.
- Moving on, you'll briefly examine the use of HEAD and OPTION requests before wrapping up with a short exploration of PUT and DELETE requests.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation||Yes|
|Award Winning E-learning||Yes|
|Sharing knowledge||Unlimited access to our IT professionals community|
|Study advice||Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options|
|Study materials||Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.|
|Service||World's best service|
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.