Developer to Software Architect - Part 4 Software Architect
duration: 8 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 365 days |
In the Developer to Software Architect learning path, you will explore the roles of developer, database developer, full stack developer and software architect. You'll explore programming languages, frameworks and tools such as Java, Spring Web MVC, JDBC and Redis.
This is the fourth part of the Developer to Software Architect learning path. This part focuses on the role of Software Architect.
The main emphasis is on working with the Redis In-memory data store. This is a popular tool among software developers for delivering better performance to end users, thanks to its ease of use, comprehensive feature set, and open-source status.
In this part of the learning path you will find several training courses that prepare you to get started as a Software Architect. You will conclude this part with an exam.
When you have completed the fourth part of the learning path, you will have enough tools to get started as a Software Architect. You will be able to work with the Redis In-memory data store.
You have completed parts 1, 2 and 3 of this learning path.
Software Developer, Web Developer
Developer to Software Architect - Part 4 Software Architect
The Redis In-memory Data Store: An Introduction to Redis
Redis is an in-memory, key-value store with many use cases. It
- is a popular tool among software developers for delivering improved
- performance to end-users due to its ease of use, rich feature set,
- and open source status. In this course, you'll explore the various
- use cases, features, and limitations of the Redis in-memory store.
- You'll examine the different data types, structures, and client
- connections supported in Redis. Next, you'll learn how to install
- Redis and to set up an instance of the Redis server. You'll then
- learn to carry out basic Redis operations involving string and
- numeric data, such as create, read, update, and delete (CRUD)
- operations and key expiration setting.
The Redis In-memory Data Store: Data Structures
Redis offers a variety of data structures and collections which
- enable developers to deliver several types of high-performing
- applications to end-users. In this course, you'll learn how to work
- with Redis's different data structures, namely lists, hashes, and
- sets. You'll then learn to perform various set operations, such as
- union, intersection, and set difference. Next, you'll distinguish
- sorted sets from regular sets and learn how to work with them.
- You'll then examine the benefits and limitations of HyperLogLog
- structures and how to use these in Redis. Upon completing this
- course, you'll be able to compare and work with each of these
- structures and recognize their use cases.
The Redis In-memory Data Store: Messaging & Streaming
Redis is primarily an in-memory, key-value store, but has many
- additional use cases. In this course, you'll explore the use cases
- of Redis that go beyond its use as a database or cache,
- specifically its application in messaging and streaming. You'll
- start by setting up communications between Redis clients using the
- Publish/Subscribe paradigm and the Redis CLI. Next, you'll learn
- how to set up Redis streams and retrieve data from them using the
- XREAD command. Finally, you'll use the stream data structure in
- Redis to record information and communicate messages to a group of
- consumer processes.
The Redis In-memory Data Store: Working With Redis Clients
Once the primary functions of Redis are implemented, several advanced features can optimize processes further and enable you to work with Python apps. In this course, you'll explore some of these advanced features and how they apply to pipelines, transactions, and locks. You'll learn how to work with these features using both the Redis CLI and Python clients. You'll start by learning how to use both Pub/Sub and pipelines in a Python app with a Redis client. You'll then learn how to define and execute transactions in Redis and use the watch feature.
You'll move on to learn how to apply optimizations using features and techniques, such as the pipe mode feature and server-assisted client-side caching. Finally, you'll learn how to use Redis keys and locks to synchronize access to shared Redis resources.
The Redis In-memory Data Store: Administering a Redis Server
Once a Redis server is in place, there are several essential tasks involved in managing it. In this course, you'll explore how to carry out some of these critical tasks, namely assigning user permissions, establishing replacement servers, and setting cache replacement policies.
You'll start by learning how to use ACL commands to set user permissions for new users and continue to assign permissions using ACL categories. Next, you'll learn how to duplicate a copy of a Redis server, before setting up a replica of your server and establishing a master-slave relationship between the server and its replica. Finally, you'll learn how to set up a Redis server to function as a cache by applying the least-recently-used (LRU) or least-frequently-used (LFU) cache replacement policies.
- Perform Software Architect tasks such as seting up your Redis environment and building and using lists, hash lists, and ordered lists. Then work with multiple Redis databases and Redis streams, and manipulate Redis from Python.
- - Eclipse 4.17.0
- - Apache Tomcat 9
- - Redis Server 4.0.0
- This lab is part of the Software Architect track of the Skillsoft Aspire Developer to Software Architect journey.
Final Exam: Software Architect
Final Exam: Software Architect will test your knowledge and application of the topics presented throughout the Software Architect track of the Skillsoft Aspire Developer to Software Architect Journey.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation
|Award Winning E-learning
|Unlimited access to our IT professionals community
|Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options
|Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.
|World's best service
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.