DevOps Engineer to Cloud Architect - Part 3 CloudOps Engineer
duration: 23 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 180 days |
This is part 3 of the DevOps Engineer to Cloud Architect learning path. In this learning path, you will prepare yourself to transition from DevOps Engineer to a Cloud Computing role. You will gain the skills to become a Cloud Engineer, a CloudOps Engineer, and ultimately a Cloud Architect.
In this third section, the focus is on moving from DevOps to CloudOps. The following topics are covered:
- Elements of IaaS;
- Public, private, and hybrid CloudOps interoperability;
- Docker and Kubernetes in multi-cloud environments;
- OpenStack in CloudOps;
- Security of CloudOps deployment;
- CloudOps in software-defined WANs.
You'll find several courses that prepare you to get started as a CloudOps Engineer. You will complete this section with an exam.
After completing this part of the learning path, you will be able to transition from DevOps Engineer to CloudOps Engineer. You will be familiar with elements of IaaS, public, private and hybrid CloudOps interoperability, Docker and Kubernetes in multi-cloud environments, OpenStack in CloudOps, security of CloudOps deployment and CloudOps in software-defined WANs.
In addition, you will be ready to start Part 4 of this learning path.
You have at least basic DevOps knowledge. You have completed parts 1 and 2 of this learning path.
Software Developer, Web Developer
DevOps Engineer to Cloud Architect - Part 3 CloudOps Engineer
DevOps to CloudOps for Multi-cloud
Explore the differences between DevOps and CloudOps, the
- challenges and best practices associated with the implementation of
- CloudOps, and the cloud capabilities that we needs to integrate in
- existing DevOps implementations to transform DevOps to CloudOps.
- Discover the prominent multi-cloud management tools that we can use
- to implement CloudOps, how to select the right multi-cloud
- management tool, the differences between Hybrid cloud and
- multi-cloud along with the architectural designs that can lead to
- effective multi-cloud strategy.
- We will also discuss how to implement and optimize multi-cloud
- strategy in the enterprise, the CloudOps design scenarios for
- managing critical architectural and operational requirement of
- multi-cloud strategy, how to build DevOps pipelines for multi-cloud
- application deployment, how to eliminate operational challenges of
- multi-cloud using the Cloud Service Brokerage platform and mitigate
- the challenges of designing CloudOps solution for multi-cloud.
Implementing IaaS & Orchestration for Multi-cloud Environments
"Explore the concept of IaaS, the architecture of IaaS, the key
- benefits of IaaS with CloudOps; compare IaaS with SaaS, PaaS, and
- Bare Metal as a Service; the core components of IaaS platform and
- architecture, when to adopt declarative and imperative IaaS, the
- prominent IaaS providers, the role of orchestration in implementing
- CloudOps for heterogeneous deployments, the benefits of cloud
- orchestration along with the categories of cloud automation and
- orchestration tools.
- We will also discuss the multi-cloud strategies and tools for
- planning and architecting IaaS, the benefits of running containers
- in multi-cloud environments, the prominent APIs and tools that we
- can use to run containers in multi-cloud environments, the role of
- Kubernetes in container management for multi-cloud, the impact of
- containerization on multi-cloud and edge computing, learn to
- install and configure OpenStack and OpenNebula on Ubuntu LTS to
- create multi-cloud models."
CloudOps Interoperability: Modeling Cloud Computing for Integration
In this course, you'll explore the categories of cloud computing
- portability and interoperability, the interfaces of the Distributed
- Computing Reference Model, the standardization required for cloud
- computing portability and interoperability, and the application
- design principles that can provide better interoperability. You'll
- learn about the taxonomy of the Cloud Ecosystem Reference Model for
- designing interoperable cloud architectures, the Enterprise
- Architecture Principles of the cloud ecosystem that can help
- maintain consistency and integrity of enterprise architectures, and
- the prominent cloud deployment models and when to adopt which
- model. You'll also examine the benefits of achieving cloud
- interoperability and maximizing portability, the challenges of
- achieving interoperability between diversified cloud components,
- the key elements of Interoperability and portability for cloud
- services, what to consider when defining hybrid cloud strategy, the
- process-oriented classification of cloud migration, and features
- exhibited by public, private and hybrid cloud.
CloudOps Interoperability: Inter-cloud Integration & Implementation
In this course, you'll explore scenarios of adopting private and
- public cloud for application deployment, comparisons of prominent
- cloud offerings and cloud-based integration tools for deploying and
- managing varied cloud environments and increasing IT framework
- complexity, the prominent types of cloud integration, and the
- benefits of using Integration Platform as a Service. You'll learn
- about the features of the prominent types of inter-cloud
- implementations, the recommended architectural patterns for
- planning multi-cloud migration and deployments, and the multi-cloud
- implementation workflow for designing automated and portable
- architectures. You'll also discover how to install, configure, and
- set up CloudHub and Talend to build portable multi-cloud
- integration workflows and deploy applications. Finally, you'll
- examine how to work with Aviatrix to integrate AWS with Azure
- Active Directory and integrate Azure with AWS and GCP.
Docker & Multi-cloud: Managing Multi-cloud with Docker
In this course, learners will examine the architecture of Docker
- along with features afforded by Docker to enable and manage
- multicloud containers, environments, and services. The 12-video
- course opens with an overview of Docker and the prominent
- open-source tools that can be used by architects for productive
- container implementations. You will learn about the role of Docker
- Container Management in implementing multicloud containerization
- and the critical Docker services that you need to manage while
- setting up multicloud containerization. Along the way, explore the
- features of Docker Cloud and Docker Hub along with the benefits of
- combining Docker and multicloud computer technologies. You will
- also learn how to link multiple containers, the steps involved in
- integrating Docker Cloud with AWS (Amazon Web Services), and how to
- set up nodes on Docker Cloud and deploy services on the nodes. You
- will conclude the course by learning how to create multicloud
- clusters by using Docker Swarm, Docker Machine, and popular cloud
Docker & Multi-cloud: Multi-host, Multi-cloud Management with Docker Enterprise
Explore the federated application management process, the
- benefits of adopting the federated application pattern, the
- components, and features provided by Docker Enterprise. Compare the
- capabilities of Docker and Kubernetes and understand the objective
- of Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- We will also learn to set up overlay network driver to create
- distributed networks among multiple Docker daemon hosts, connect
- Docker local client with remote AWS Docker, implement Multi-host
- Overlay Networking using Etcd, create AWS and Azure clusters using
- Containership.io and set up federated application management with
- Docker Enterprise and Amazon EKS.
Managing Multi-cloud Containers Using Kubernetes
Explore prominent tools that can be used to manage the
- deployment and life cycle of Kubernetes. In this 15-video course,
- learn about essential patterns used with Kubernetes to create
- production level and heterogeneous deployments, as well as how to
- reduce complexity and risks of multicloud strategy with Kubernetes.
- Key concepts covered here include the architecture and components
- of Kubernetes and different types of pods to host
- vertically-integrated applications; comparing features of
- Kubernetes and Docker and the solution architectures that can be
- built; and essential Kubernetes deployment patterns that can be
- used to deploy application stacks with the Declarative deployment
- method. Other issues include Fixed and Recreate deployment
- strategies using Kubernetes; Zero Downtime and No Concurrent
- Versions deployment, applying the Blue/Green deployment strategy
- using Kubernetes; and implement Canary testing with Kubernetes
- Deployments and Services. You will examine Kubernetes Cluster
- Federation, and how to install and configure multicloud single node
- Kubernetes clusters on Ubuntu; install and configure multicloud
- Kubernetes to manage multicloud orchestration; and Extension and
- Operator patterns used in Kubernetes to improve Kubernetes cluster
- management capabilities.
OpenStack in CloudOps: Managing Multi-cloud with OpenStack
In this course, you'll explore the essential components of
- OpenStack that are used for accessing infrastructure resources.
- You'll examine topologies of multi-cloud orchestration involving
- Azure, AWS and OpenStack, as well as the differences between
- OpenStack and Kubernetes. Next, you'll look at the benefits of
- using OpenStack and Kubernetes together, the tools that can be used
- to manage OpenStack deployments, and the critical roles of
- OpenStack shared services. You'll move on to explore prominent
- features provided by Heat, the different approaches of deploying
- OpenStack, and how to get started with the most commonly used
- OpenStack services. Finally, you'll learn to install OpenStack,
- create and launch virtual machine instances, and install and
- configure storage nodes and Heat on OpenStack nodes.
OpenStack in CloudOps: Automation
In this course, you'll explore the enterprise and operational
- factors and SLA considerations that can impact the design of
- OpenStack cloud. You'll examine open source projects that can be
- used to implement OpenStack container integration points, prominent
- containers and Platform as a Service tools that can be deployed on
- OpenStack Cloud, and the objectives of Magnum. Next, you'll learn
- about the challenges and associated solutions for implementing
- OpenStack multi-cloud, how to launch OpenStack instances using
- Docker Machine, and how to install and configure Docker on
- OpenStack instances. Finally, you'll discover how to run Kubernetes
- clusters in the OpenStack ecosystem to deploy application servers,
- install and configure Jenkins Automation Server, and install
- OpenStack-Ansible in test environments using general workflows.
Securing CloudOps Deployments: Security Standards for Multi-cloud
Securing multi-cloud deployments and CloudOps platforms involves
- managing the security and privacy of your cloud services. In this
- course, you'll explore the key principles and strategies for
- securing the enterprise cloud, recommended practices and models for
- perimeter security, and how to choose appropriate security
- mechanisms. You'll examine the configurable options for security
- mechanisms on both service and client side, the prominent intrusion
- detection techniques for managing cloud computing and security
- challenges, and prominent cloud audit methods. Next, you'll learn
- approaches for overcoming the impacts of security challenges in
- multi-cloud environments, best practices for improving the security
- of multi-cloud deployments, and how to secure CloudOps platforms to
- build secure pipelines, middleware, and infrastructure for
- multi-cloud applications. Finally, you'll explore issues a cloud
- architect should consider when designing cloud solutions and cloud
- service consumers should evaluate and manage the security and
- privacy of cloud services.
Securing CloudOps Deployments: Implementing Multi-cloud Security
Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform provide various security
- services to secure access, applications, data, infrastructures, and
- deployments in the cloud. In this course, you'll explore the
- security services provided by AWS Cloud Security for securing
- workloads and applications, as well as the Azure security products
- that can be used to protect data, applications, and
- infrastructures. You'll explore the Google Security Model, the
- security services provided by Google, why you need to secure
- containers, and recommended cloud container security best practices
- for securing container usage in the cloud. You'll move on to learn
- about how configure AWS Security Hub, create and configure
- symmetric and asymmetric keys using AWS KMS, and implement Azure
- Active Directory and Seamless Single Sign-On. Finally, you'll
- examine how to set up VPN between a Check Point Security Gateway
- and Cloud VPN on Google Cloud Platform, harden security and
- restrict network access to the control plane and nodes of Google
- Kubernetes Engine, and how to encrypt Kubernetes secrets at the
- application layer.
CloudOps: CloudOps: Implementing SD-WAN to Optimize Environments
Implementing the right software-defined wide area network
- (SD-WAN) framework for the organization can help improve network
- management, decrease hardware costs, increase efficiency, and even
- enhance security. In this course, you'll explore the differences
- between traditional, software-defined networking, and a
- software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN). You'll learn about the
- advantages, working mechanisms, solution architecture, and primary
- components of SD-WAN. Next, you'll examine the topologies and
- deployment models that can be used to design SD-WAN overlays, along
- with prominent tools and applications that can be used to build,
- deploy, and maintain SD-WAN. You'll learn how to apply CloudOps in
- networks to simplify configuring, managing, and delivering the
- SD-WAN. You'll examine security challenges and best practices for
- secure deployment of SD-WAN and prominent Cisco SD-WAN
- architectures that can be implemented in AWS. You'll see approaches
- that can be used in an SD-WAN to transform complex legacy networks
- into easy-to-manage and scalable networks. Finally, you'll learn to
- configure AWS Transit Gateway, AWS-provided Cisco Cloud Services
- Router 1000V - BYOL, and VMware SD-WAN.
Final Exam: CloudOps Engineer
Final Exam: CloudOps Engineer will test your knowledge and application of the topics presented throughout the CloudOps Engineer track of the Skillsoft Aspire DevOps Engineer to CloudOps Architect Journey.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation
|Award Winning E-learning
|Unlimited access to our IT professionals community
|Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options
|Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.
|World's best service
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.