Course: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002)
duration: 29 hours |
Language: English (US) |
access duration: 180 days |
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials + training is suitable for both IT and non-technical professionals who need the essential business insight needed to make informed decisions about cloud services.
In this training you will get to know the technical and business impact of Cloud Computing. You will become acquainted with Cloud technologies and their business impact by evaluating business use cases, financial impacts, Cloud technologies and implementation models.
In addition, this training prepares you optimally for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials + (CLO-002) exam.
Topics covered include:
- Core components of a cloud infrastructure.
- IaaS and PaaS on AWS and Azure.
- Essential Cloud Networks.
- Considerations for Cloud Design.
- Gap Analysis & Cloud Assessment.
- Contract with Cloud Service Providers.
- Working with the Cloud to increase business value.
After completing this training, you will have the essential business insight you need to make informed decisions about cloud services. You are also optimally prepared for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials + (CLO-002) exam.
You have between six months and a year of work experience in an IT environment with some exposure to cloud technologies.
System Administrator, Project Manager
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002)
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Essential Cloud Principles
Use this course to get started with Cloud computing while also
- preparing yourself to take the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002)
- certification exam. Learn how Cloud computer enables convenient
- on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing
- resources. Explore prominent computing models, disadvantages of
- in-house computing, and benefits of Cloud computing while also
- examining the required components to set up a cloud computing model
- and investigate features of cloud service delivery and deployment
- models. Examine the concept of shared resource pooling, the role of
- virtualization in cloud models, the lifecycles of applications and
- services deployed in the cloud, and why cloud is the best choice
- for resource management and application deployments. Go further by
- learning to recognize the shared responsibility model adopted by
- cloud and outline key steps involved in selecting and setting up
- the right PaaS solution and core components of a cloud
- infrastructure. Wrap up by practicing an IaaS and PaaS on AWS and
- Azure. Recap cloud service delivery modules to finish up this
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Essential Cloud Networking
Cloud networking helps enterprises deliver information rapidly, reliably, and securely without bearing the cost of building and operating their own networks.
In this course, you'll investigate the process of migrating to a cloud computing model from a legacy one. You'll explore the concept of a VPC, the key technologies to isolate VPCs from public clouds, and the CSP interface types to manage VPCs.
Moving on, you'll examine how a DMZ works in the cloud and how to isolate a single DMZ network from others. You'll also explore how firewalls, the intrusion detection system, and virtual network interfaces work in the cloud. You'll then outline when and how to attach multiple network interfaces to an instance.
Lastly, you'll investigate how SDN and DNS work in the cloud, use AWS to set up a VPN, and connect to cloud resources using various protocols.
This course can be used in preparation for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Connectivity & Load Balancing
Cloud load balancing enables splitting workloads and computing properties to balance load and maximize resource utilization for better user experiences.
In this course, you'll recognize techniques to implement load balancing in the cloud, including selecting the appropriate load balancer. You'll also explore the concept of the virtualization of hardware resources.
Next, you'll examine the prominent load balancing architectures implemented in the cloud and the critical load balancer configuration attributes to manage load distribution and session data. You'll also identify common DNS servers to resolve hostnames into IP addresses and queries used to resolve names.
Later, you'll identify the characteristics of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Secure Shell (SSH) You'll then investigate disaster recovery failover in cloud. Lastly, you'll create and configure a load balancer and DNS routing.
This course can be used to prepare for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Storage Technologies
In this course, you'll explore cloud storage in-depth, including standard storage systems and providers, thin and thick storage provisioning, cold, warm, and hot storage, and the different storage tiers.
Next, you'll discover the methods and technologies used to protect data in the cloud, the differences between synchronous and asynchronous replications, and RAID.
You'll learn about storage security threats and vulnerabilities and the mechanism used to secure data in transit and at rest.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Design Considerations
- Monitoring and benchmarking are essential when designing cloud that considers disaster recovery, high availability, and failover.
- In this course, you'll recognize the cloud design considerations that provide the highest possible availability, the levels of redundancy that ensure services continue in the case of a disaster, and the procedures that can be implemented for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Moving on, you'll examine common deployment architectures to address availability and resiliency, the parameters and performance indices monitored at each cloud deployment level, and the goals of benchmarking.
- Next, you'll examine the different failover scenarios prevalent in cloud and the prominent use cases for placement groups and single and multiple availability zones. You'll configure EC2 Linux instances, install the Iperf network benchmark tool, and test TCP and UDP network performance.
- Lastly, you'll benchmark network throughput on an Amazon EC2 Windows instance and configure active-passive failover with multiple primary and secondary record resources.
- This course can be used in preparation for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Gap Analysis & Cloud Assessment
- Cloud assessment helps derive business service models facilitating robust and cost-effective business and IT cloud service consumption and delivery.
- You'll start this course by examining the steps in a cloud readiness assessment before exploring the cloud transformation maturity model's stages and some potential transformation challenges. You'll then outline how to assess your current technology stack to determine cloud readiness and feasibility.
- Next, you'll investigate the business value of cloud adoption and of incorporating cloud into enterprise architectures. You'll then examine the cloud capability maturity model, the primary cloud considerations for business, and the technology and infrastructure architecture to achieve an appropriate cloud transformation strategy.
- Finally, you'll explore some gap analysis activities, the transition planning phase of cloud adoption, diagrams that depict various cloud architectures, and the cloud adoption framework's value.
- You can use this course in preparation for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Contracting with Cloud Service Providers
Before adopting cloud services, you need to calculate costs and establish the most appropriate contract with cloud providers.
In this course, you'll explore the direct cost and financial implications of various aspects of cloud computing. You'll also examine cloud computing licensing models and subscription types and compare cloud computing's initial costs with the long-term benefits.
Additionally, you'll list core considerations when establishing contracts for cloud service usage. You'll investigate requests for information (RFIs), cloud pricing models, the differences between fixed and dynamic pricing, and best practices for deriving cloud-based professional services.
Moving on, you'll outline the end-to-end services provided by managed cloud service providers (CSPs) and the benefits of those services. You'll examine the essential components of SOWs for cloud managed services. Lastly, you'll configure cost estimates for AWS service usage using the AWS Pricing Calculator.
You can use this course in preparation for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Adoption to Enhance Business Value
- To achieve the desired business value from cloud adoption, you need to implement comprehensive planning, following a POC (proof of concept) and POV approach.
- In this course, you'll investigate the essential components of cloud-model service-level agreements (SLAs), explore the SLA metrics for IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS, and examine popular cloud service provider SLAs. Additionally, you'll outline how to create POCs and derive proofs of value for cloud computing.
- Next, you'll identify the critical factors of seamless cloud adoption, compare open source and proprietary clouds, and recognize the prominent cloud strategies for current and future enterprise usages.
- Moving on, you'll investigate how to drive cloud adoption efforts to capture targeted business value. Lastly, you'll recognize the cloud adoption framework lifecycle and use a matrix to identify the roles and responsibilities engaged in cloud adoption.
- You can use this course in preparation for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) certification exam.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Security Considerations
- Following secure cloud service design principles is a client consumer's top priority. Applying defense-in-depth principles and using cloud service provider security enablers can help achieve this.
- You'll start this course by examining the cloud service security taxonomy, identity and access management in cloud environments, authentication mechanisms provided by cloud platforms, and the components of an IAM strategy in the cloud.
- Next, you'll investigate the benefits of single sign-on, the prominent types of multi-factor authentication (MFA), and the fundamental design principles of federation. You'll then examine the Cloud Federation Reference Architecture.
- Moving on, you'll recognize common cloud deployment and enterprise data center security practices. You'll use Active Directory Federation Services to implement federated authentication, manage access to AWS resources, and enable virtual MFA devices for IAM users in public cloud.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Native Apps & Cloud Data Analytics
- Building robust, scalable services and managing large volumes of data for analytics requires on-demand resource allocation and containerization. A cloud-native approach, which takes advantage of a cloud computing delivery model, can help with this.
- In this course, you'll investigate the principles and architecture of cloud native. You'll outline how to migrate existing apps to a cloud-native architecture, identifying the 12-factor app principles for building scalable and resilient enterprise applications.
- Next, you'll explore microservice architecture design patterns, containerization in the cloud, and some prominent public cloud provider container management platforms.
- Moving on, you'll run Docker-enabled containerized applications on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) clusters. You'll investigate some cloud machine learning, cloud-based AI, and big data solutions and services. Lastly, you'll examine the benefits of managing big data architectures using cloud principles.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Utilizing Cloud Services
- Cloud facilitates the secure deployment of diversified solutions like IoT, blockchain, and VDI to simplify autonomous application development. In this course, you'll explore primary considerations when deploying these solutions.
- You'll start this course by examining digital marketing in relation to cloud computing, technologies that help create and implement autonomous systems, and the features of blockchain-based decentralized cloud solutions.
- Moving on, you'll explore the role of cloud computing in Internet of Things (IoT), working with an IoT solution built on AWS IoT.
- Next, you'll deploy a cloud desktop using Amazon Workspaces and AWS Directory Service to illustrate the benefits of a virtual desktop interface (VDI) for creating virtualized desktop environments on remote server setups. You'll also explore self-service cloud computing platforms.
- Finally, you'll investigate cost management and security considerations for cloud selection and implementation.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Migration Strategies
- Selecting the right cloud migration strategy helps improve user experience and balances the business and technical efforts required to complete cloud migration.
- In this course, you'll investigate the cloud migration strategy and the steps to derive a roadmap for migrating to the cloud. You'll also examine the different types of cloud migration strategies, which involve the six Rs of migration, along with the methods, techniques, and tools used to support cloud migration.
- Next, you'll investigate the steps and deliverables used to migrate workloads to hybrid cloud, the phased cloud migration strategy, and the checklist for successful cloud migration.
- Finally, you'll investigate the best practices for optimizing the lift-and-shift migration policy, the differences between migration and modernization, and the critical problems and best practices for migrating legacy systems.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Operations within Cloud
- Adopting the appropriate operational principle when managing cloud resources is vital in deriving an operational model that facilitates efficient and effective cloud implementation. In this course, you'll learn how to achieve a model like this.
- You'll start by outlining the differences between cloud and traditional data management before investigating cloud data management in more detail. You'll then examine cloud data replication and the methods and schemes used to do this.
- Moving on, you'll explore cloud storage and backup options and how to set up a cloud backup, the use of AWS Regions and Availability Zones, geo-redundancy design considerations, and the cloud architectural elements used to implement disposable resources.
- Finally, you'll clarify what's meant by cloud optimization and cloud metrics, monitoring, and alerting. You'll then end by implementing autoscaling in AWS, setting up AWS cloud resource monitoring, and centrally managing and automating backups across AWS services.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): DevOps in the Cloud
- A DevOps approach to cloud computing helps establish a pipeline that automates end-to-end application deployment and management.
- In this course, you'll explore best practices for DevOps implementation, examining approaches to address and mitigate the inherent risks associated with cloud computing. You'll then compare immutable and mutable infrastructure and investigate the implementation of Infrastructure as Code.
- Next, you'll differentiate between continuous integration and continuous delivery and outline the lifecycle of CI/CD in cloud. You'll explore the concept of QA testing for cloud and how sandboxing is used in this process. You'll outline how to implement regression and load testing for cloud resources and distinguish cloud configuration management from cloud change management.
- Moving on, you'll differentiate between cloud automation and orchestration and explore the concepts of cloud patch management and cloud integration. Lastly, you'll practice implementing APIs in the cloud, using AWS API Gateway to expose services to end users.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Licensing Models & Risk Mitigation
- Cloud service providers (CSPs) must generate confidence in cloud service users by managing costs and risks. To facilitate this, they must provide tools to help cloud consumers create estimates and adopt the right risk mitigation approach. In this course, you'll learn how to manage your CSP-related costs and risks.
- You'll start by investigating various elements that impact cloud pricing, such as cloud resource types, the impact of cloud computing on chargeback, and cloud licensing models. You'll also examine how cloud maintenance services enable resilient and robust cloud services.
- Moving on, you'll recognize common considerations when addressing cloud computing risks, the Cloud Computing Risk Assessment Matrix, and how cloud risk mitigation factors are categorized.
- Finally, you'll outline why vendor lock-in is a risk in cloud computing, some risk mitigation approaches, and how to implement a compliance program in the cloud. You'll then practice creating cloud resource usage, cost estimates, and roles and permissions for AWS maintenance windows.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002): Cloud Governance & Securing Data
- Cloud consumers look for cloud services that follow regulations and core principles for maintaining data security and confidentiality.
- In this course, you'll investigate the cloud computing policy, which protects sensitive personal and confidential business data. You'll examine standard operating features, resource management, and security implementation checklist items and best practices for cloud computing. You'll then practice implementing policy-based access control for cloud computing.
- Moving on, you'll outline how to implement data sovereignty. You'll explore the international cloud computing standards, integrated vulnerability assessment solutions, and data security and privacy implementation in cloud computing.
- Finally, you'll outline how to implement and secure data and ensure availability in the cloud. You'll study the layers of security that can be implemented in the cloud, the cloud identity logs that help track events impacting cloud environments, and the OWASP Top 10 data-level authorization methods used to secure resources.
We offer several optional training products to enhance your learning experience. If you are planning to use our training course in preperation for an official exam then whe highly recommend using these optional training products to ensure an optimal learning experience. Sometimes there is only a practice exam or/and practice lab available.
Optional practice exam (trial exam)
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice exam. This practice exam comprises a number of trial exams which are very similar to the real exam, both in terms of form and content. This is the ultimate way to test whether you are ready for the exam.
Optional practice lab
To supplement this training course you may add a special practice lab. You perform the tasks on real hardware and/or software applicable to your Lab. The labs are fully hosted in our cloud. The only thing you need to use our practice labs is a web browser. In the LiveLab environment you will find exercises which you can start immediately. The lab enviromentconsist of complete networks containing for example, clients, servers,etc. This is the ultimate way to gain extensive hands-on experience.
Via ons opleidingsconcept bespaar je tot 80% op trainingen
Start met leren wanneer je wilt. Je bepaalt zelf het gewenste tempo
Spar met medecursisten en profileer je als autoriteit in je vakgebied.
Ontvang na succesvolle afronding van je cursus het officiële certificaat van deelname van Icttrainingen.nl
Krijg inzicht in uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie van jezelf of je medewerkers
Kennis opdoen met interactieve e-learning en uitgebreide praktijkopdrachten door gecertificeerde docenten
Once we have processed your order and payment, we will give you access to your courses. If you still have any questions about our ordering process, please refer to the button below.
Een zakelijk account aanmaken
Wanneer u besteld namens uw bedrijf doet u er goed aan om aan zakelijk account bij ons aan te maken. Tijdens het registratieproces kunt u hiervoor kiezen. U heeft vervolgens de mogelijkheden om de bedrijfsgegevens in te voeren, een referentie en een afwijkend factuuradres toe te voegen.
U heeft bij ons diverse betaalmogelijkheden. Bij alle betaalopties ontvangt u sowieso een factuur na de bestelling. Gaat uw werkgever betalen, dan kiest u voor betaling per factuur.
Als u een zakelijk account heeft aangemaakt dan heeft u de optie om cursisten/medewerkers aan te maken onder uw account. Als u dus meerdere trainingen koopt, kunt u cursisten aanmaken en deze vervolgens uitdelen aan uw collega’s. De cursisten krijgen een e-mail met inloggegevens wanneer zij worden aangemaakt en wanneer zij een training hebben gekregen.
Met een zakelijk account bent u automatisch beheerder van uw organisatie en kunt u naast cursisten ook managers aanmaken. Beheerders en managers kunnen tevens voortgang inzien van alle cursisten binnen uw organisatie.
What is included?
|Certificate of participation||Yes|
|Award Winning E-learning||Yes|
|Sharing knowledge||Unlimited access to our IT professionals community|
|Study advice||Our consultants are here for you to advice about your study career and options|
|Study materials||Certified teachers with in depth knowledge about the subject.|
|Service||World's best service|
Na bestelling van je training krijg je toegang tot ons innovatieve leerplatform. Hier vind je al je gekochte (of gevolgde) trainingen, kan je eventueel cursisten aanmaken en krijg je toegang tot uitgebreide voortgangsinformatie.